Manage allowlist offers to Song A Dao members

GM song frens,

Currently, Jonathan is the only member of our DAO that receives allowlist offers to our DAO for other NFT projects. He had asked if someone would take this over and I am offering to do that here. Any offers can be forwarded to me and I’ll post them to a newly created #whitelists channel in our discord or whatever means the DAO suggests otherwise. Allowlists help NFT projects get off the ground and are a means to reward early supporters of projects. Receiving these offers in our own discord is a great benefit to our DAO, as typically you would need to be in that projects discord server to gain access to allowlists. One caveat I would like to suggest is this channel be reserved for members with Song-a-dao voter role. This little bit of alpha could also entice more members to join our voting ranks.

Cheers,

Alex

3 Likes

This is great. I’d suggest we do a couple of things:

Make you a role in Discord like “whitelist manager” and a channel.

Setup a page here on the forum explaining how we accept whitelist. We have to be careful to not support scams. Maybe a form to fill out?

What do you think @AM2021?

2 Likes

Ok I made you a SAD Allowlist Manager role in Discord @AM2021. It would be good for you to have an avatar of some kind too.

1 Like

Is this something I would see here?

1 Like

Absolutely, vetting these offers is something that will need to be done. I’ll get to work on creating a form for proposals.

3 Likes

Oh. You had a different AM account with no icon. I’ll add the role to the correct account.

1 Like

This is great, both because it’s good for the DAO and because I’m in favor of anything that takes work off of Jonathan’s plate. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’d suggest that in addition to a form, we should have the DAO vote to define the criteria by which whitelists would be accepted or rejected. I would love to see criteria based not just on scamminess, but on respect for artists, derivitive-ness, less concrete things.

I would even go so far as to suggest that we might consider only accepting offers by creator-run projects. :open_mouth:

We COULD have the DAO vote on every proposal, but I feel like that’s gonna make too many vote proposals, and there will also be plenty of people who just vote yes on everything and don’t read the relevant discussion.

3 Likes

i second this @kineticturtle ! very well thought out and I too am thankful for more things taken off Jonathan’s plate!

1 Like

GM GM,

So for my above suggestion i’m thinking a google form routed through zapier will do the trick. We can post the link to the form under official links in our lobby. Zapier will then post any responses to a channel of our choosing, maybe “whitelist offers” under the Full Members group in our discord. I’ve nearly got this put together but ran into this:

So this is about as far as I can personally take this idea.

Below is the request form I’ve put together. Please let me know if there are any other criteria you would like on this form.

1 Like

When a new proposal posts to the “allowlist offers” we can add a simple poll in discord to gauge how everyone feels about supporting the project.

1 Like

Thanks! This ends up being a little tricky, like maybe we should have a shared SAD Zapier account.

I used my personal Zapier to do Forum > Discord too so I do have permissions. Share the form with me and I can hook it up.

1 Like